Technical Assistant vacancy in MZU
MZU recently released a notification regarding Technical Assistant recruitment 2020, interested and eligible candidates may apply on or before 12-10-2020.
|No of Posts
|₹ 17,000/-Per Month
|Last Date to Apply
1. Applications are invited for two one Technical Assistant position from highly motivated eligible candidates to work in a Defence Research and Development organization (DRDO), Govt. of India, funded project entitled “Correlation analysis of dependent variables on biodigester performance” under Dr. Jyotirmoy Bhattacharya, Principal Investigator, Department of Biotechnology, Mizoram University. Appointments will be on purely temporary basis and will be made initially for a period of one year, which may be extended further upon satisfactory performance. The positions are co-terminus with the project or until further orders, whichever is earlier. Maximum duration of project is three (03) years.
2. About the project: Anaerobic digestion is a powerful microbe-based technology for organic waste degradation. The project aims to understand the role of various physico-chemical and biological factors that can affect the stability and robustness of DRDO-developed biodigesters’ performance while degrading composite waste. The candidates interested to work in this project are expected to be well-versed in handling microbes, enzyme assays, biodigester design, measurement of waste analysis parameters (COD, BOD etc.), and/or technical experience in metagenomics/metaproteomics and bioinformatics studies.
3. Technical Assistant (Positions: 01):
Essential qualification: B.Sc. with a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent CGPA in Microbiology/Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Environmental science and 2 years’ experience of handling laboratory equipment and carrying out laboratory experiments in a University/College/Research institute of repute are encouraged to apply.
4. Desirable: M.Sc. in the relevant area.
Selection Procedure :
1. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated for a personal interview for final selection.
2. Mode of personal interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates only. Mark sheets and other relevant documents will be verified only for the selected candidates during joining.
How to Apply :
Highly motivated and interested candidates willing to work in the field and laboratory may send their application as per Annexure-I (attached). Dissertation thesis (M.Sc./M.TECH) or any other industrial work experience must be sent as a PDF file to the Project Investigator in his e-mail. The last date of submission of application form along with the required documents is 12th October 2020.